Monday, May 18, 2015

Waffle Stitch Scarf

After making a blanket for my 4-year-old's birthday, I knew that I would need to make a blanket for my son when his third birthday comes around. I had seen blankets using the waffle stitch and I really liked the look, so I planned on making him a blue and gray waffle stitch blanket.

After looking through a few tutorials, I finally figured out how to do the waffle stitch. The instructions that I found the easiest to follow were from Crochet Geek. I started on my blanket and I was a few rows in when I realized that it was a lot shorter than I wanted it to be. I showed it to my husband and told him that I was just going to rip it out and start again (I really hadn't been working on it for long), but he suggested that I just turn it into a scarf and he would use it. So I finished it up as a scarf.





If I were to make another scarf, I would make it longer than this one. I do like the texture of the waffle stitch, though.

Now that I've made something with the waffle stitch, though, I might want to try something different for my son's blanket. I have a hard time making myself do the same thing twice. I have been working on some baby sandals and once I make up the first sandal, I have a hard time making myself finish up the other one!

No comments:

Post a Comment