Wednesday, June 15, 2016

V-Stitch Baby Boy Blanket

It seems like everybody I know is having a baby. It has been fun to make some baby blankets. I am almost done with another blanket, and it had a lot of color changes, which meant a lot of ends to weave in. I was in the middle of weaving all of those in when I started this blanket, and I wanted to do something with minimal weaving. I intentionally did this with three colors so that I could just carry the colors along the side instead of cutting them off each time I switched. 


I learned how to do the v-stitch from the blog, Repeat Crafter Me. I played around with some different borders for this one. The first one I tried used a v-stitch, but it was 2dc-ch1-2dc, unlike the v-stitch for the main part of the blanket, which was dc-ch1-dc and it started to ruffle. A ruffle would look nice, except that's not what I was going for with this blanket. I couldn't keep my one year old off the blanket. :)


Next I tried some triangles. I couldn't decide if they were fun, or if they were weird.


Finally I settled on a boring border of herringbone stitch and a crab stitch. I did it on the wrong side (the blue part of the border is the back side), but I'm still happy with how it turned out. This was my first time using a herringbone stitch and I think it looks cool. More interesting than a plain double crochet.


And now it is washed and ready to give away! I still have more friends that are having babies, but I've got to make them something else. I'm ready for a break from baby blankets, at least once I finish the last one that is in progress. Hopefully I can post that one soon!

4 comments:

  1. Love this afghan. How many chains did you start with. I think this will be my go to pattern for baby afghans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this afghan. How many chains did you start with. I think this will be my go to pattern for baby afghans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that I can't remember how many chains I started with. And I already gave the blanket away, so I can't count. Good luck with your blankets!

      Delete
  3. looking for the pattern for you snow drift tree skirt and I can't comment on either of the posts can you send a link to it?

    ReplyDelete