Saturday, January 30, 2016

Broomstick Lace Infinity Scarf

Ever since I saw some broomstick lace projects, I was intrigued and wanted to try it. After I finished up all of my Christmas crocheting, I decided to finally give it a try. I followed the video on B.Hooked Crochet. The video was great at explaining how to do it. I don't have any large knitting needles (or small ones, for that matter!), but I saw the idea online to use a turkey baster since they are around the same size. So that's what I used and it worked just fine.

I used Red Heart Unforgettable yarn in the color Tidal. I hated it. Absolutely hated it. I love the colors and the final look, but no matter how careful I was with the yarn, it fuzzed up a lot. On each row, after getting the yarn wrapped around the baster, I took my scissors and tried to trim off some of the fuzz. This helped, but it made everything take longer. While I was stitching the two ends together at the end, the yarn broke on me three times. I like the finished product, but I will try different yarn if I decide to make another one, just to save me the frustration.




No comments:

Post a Comment